Translate

Monday, 26 September 2016

Mixed Media

I am going to Cornwall next week to visit family and so I have made this for my beautiful granddaughter. I didn't have any particular challenge in mind but I have as usual used mostly Marianne Design products.


I cut the die cuts out of thin chipboard. I glued some scraps of paper to an 8x8 canvas and after adding the die cuts for the background I covered with a thin coat of gesso. Then I coloured it with gelato crayons. I added some texture paint with a chicken wire mask and some lace and sprayed the whole thing with Sweet Poppy Acrylic Mists in Burnt Sienna and Shimmering Bronze.
The leaves on the left were made from  polymer clay which I coloured with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle before baking. The bird house I crackle painted. I added another bit of lace on the left. 
The pink flowers are from LR0111 and the leaves are a paper punch both using mulberry paper tinted with distress inks. The larger flower is brown mulberry paper using COL1304 cut twice and embossed with Stampendous Frantage Aged Gold and scrunched up before glueing the gem centre. I was quite pleased with the look of it.


I had a gold frame in my stash for the photo and added a small paper butterfly.

I used the following MD products, LR0112 swirl, LR0111 swirl and flower, LR0205 bird house, LR0157 lavender leaves, LR0272 vintage trellis, DF3416 marrakesh trellis, COL1304 flower, PL4503 enamel embellishments. 
Other products used Faber Castelle Gelatos, Fimo polymer clay, Bo Bunny Double Dot Chocolate, Perfect Pearls Mica Powder, Stampendous Frantage Embossing Powder, Sweet Poppy Mists, chickenwire mask and acrylic texture paint, lace and gems.

I shall enter it in the following challenges:-


Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.


3 comments:

  1. HI Barbara Ann! This is such a lovely canvas and truly compliments this photo! Next time you're creating a mixed media wonder, link up with us at Stamps & Stencils. We'd love to have your amazing creativity shared with us! ;0 Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara Ann, awsome inspiration !Very delicate and a fine mix media work.Thank you so much for entering our Marianne Design Kreadivas challenge this month ,good luck
    Hugs Gudrun DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.