Translate

Friday, 19 August 2016

Kraft Card

As I have probably said before I am a great fan of Gabrielle Pollacco. Her latest project for Scrapbook Diaries is just gorgeous and she has made a video tutorial. I have tried to use some of her techniques but on a smaller scale and I have had to improvise as sadly I don't have access to some of the products she uses if I could afford them. I love the Dusty Attic wood pieces but as the challenge for Marianne Design is Kraft Card I have used this for some of the embellishments as well as the card itself.


I have torn the the edges of the paper and a v groove in the top then used Faber Castell Gold Champagne Gelato round the edge. Gabrielle has used something called Prills which I confess I have not come across before so I have have used instead Stampendous Frantage Shabby White round the groove and bottom right corner. I have stuck some lace under the groove and the right side before fixing to the card. Fortunately I have lots of oddments of lace in my stash which I got from Nottingham Lace Market many years ago.
I used the following Marianne Design products, LR0130 Doily in white card and in Kraft card CR1201 Circle, LR0285 Anja's Vintage Corner, LR0111 Swirl, CR1336 Leaves, DF3416 Marrakesh Trellis and DDS3329 Daisy Dancing who I have coloured with alcohol pens. I have used a bought flower and added a large pearl gem for the centre and some smaller ones on the swirl.
 I do enjoy this style of card but I need practice. Still I hope you like it.

I am entering the following challenges:-

12 comments:

  1. A fabulous card for our Challenge at Stamping Sensations, Barbara! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty creation Barbara and love the earthy tones, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara Ann,
    Such a cute card. I love the way you used the lace behind the open space.
    Xx Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also thanks for joining our CF challenge!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card,cute image and great dies-love the frantage and lace--Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card.
    Thank you for joining us.

    Mieke,MD Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card. Great colouring of a lovely image… Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again next time.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]


    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a beautiful card you made Barbara.
    Thank you for joining our challenge again

    Kind Regards
    Anita
    MDblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card Barbara!
    Thank you for joining our challenge.
    Kind Regards, Ellie
    DT MD challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Barbara!
    Thank you for joining our challenge.
    Kind regards, Marleen
    MD challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara wow I love the techniques you have used on your pretty Daisy card, glad to see you at Marianne Design Divas again, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little daisy looks so happy and your card looks happy too! I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Marianne Design Kreadivas Challenge. Hugs Alma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.