Translate

Monday, 31 August 2015

Autumn

It has been a wet Bank Holiday Monday so I have gone  a little overboard for my card for the Don and Daisy Challenge ' Autumn' and dug out one or two products I don't usually use.



I wanted to use some gilding flakes to look like fallen leaves so I randomly glued them along the bottom of the Alla Prima paper which is actually much greener than it looks in the photo. I also used Vintage Photo  round the edges and layered it onto dark brown card. I used the same card to mat a piece of Paper Cellar Floral Grunge and as backing for my image of Hiking Don. I also cut 2 Vintage corners, on which I rubbed some gold gilding wax, out of the same card plus the birds on a branch and seed heads. The fence and topiary were cut from Kraft card and I added some tiny punched leaves to the branch, some punched flowers and 3 green gems.
MD dies used were LR0192, LR0205,LR0261, LR0285 and LR0290.

Challenges entered:-
Crafting from the Heart Anything Goes
Marianne's Design Divas Anything Goes
Don and Daisy Autumn
Marianne Kreadiva's Anything Goes


4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Barbara!
    I love the brown colors you used.
    Thank you for joining our challenge.
    Kind regards, Marleen
    Don & Daisy blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooie herstkaartje geworden en leuk dat je mee doet aan onze challenge...
    Groetjes van Judith
    Don & Daisy blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute scene, sweet image! Thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card for the challenge!
    Thanks for joining!
    Wybrich
    Don &Daisy blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.