Translate

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Shabby Chic

I love this style though not my normal type of card and not easy to get the right look.
There are some very talented people out there who are much better at this.

To do this I tore the lovely hummingbird paper diagonally and tucked another strip  of paper and some lace underneath. I inked the edges of the papers with aged mahogany distressed ink.
I used Marianne Dies Anja corner in pink Centura Pearl plus some bought and punched  flowers and leaves and swirls made with MD dies LR0116, LR0156 and LR0157. I used the small rectangle from MD die CR1242 to frame the sentiment.
2 butterflies and pink gems to finish.





I am entering this in the following challenges:-

In the Pink Things With Wings
Make My Monday Shabby Chic
The Shabby Tea Room In My Garden
Marianne's Design Divas Pink Please
Cute Card Thursday Summer Colours
Scribble and Scrap Challenge 46
Crafting From The Heart Challenge 63

If you like my cards please come back again.


6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely Barbara. Forget about anybody else doing it better!! You have nailed shabby chic. Love the colours and the butterfly. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. Hugs ValeryAnne. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to come back without my official hat on and say how much I loved your card. Have looked back over your blog and now a follower. I can't help but notice that you seem to like butterflies. Apart from my own blog I also run a Butterly Challenge blog should you be interested. Hugs ValeryAnne (aka Mrs A. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ValeryAnne for your kind comments.Yes I do love butterflies,always nice to finish a card off if not the main feature, and will take a look at your blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty. Love the flower arrangement you have added and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight, Lisa DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us in The Shabby Tea Room! Love the design and beautiful flower cluster! Fabulous shabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at MMM with this very pretty card.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.