Translate

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

mixed media canvas

After trying my hand at some mixed media cards I thought I'd try a full blown canvas. This one is inspired by my visits to Cornwall and has a photo of Godrevy lighthouse as its focus.



First I used 7 Gypsies Paris  tissue and bleeding art tissue paper on the background



After removing the art tissue I applied a thin coat of gesso, some gelato colours, which I allowed to run and then added some texture with stencils and home made texture paste plus some random circles with bo bunny silver pearlescant.

Next I added the die cuts, gems, shells, butterfles and so on including a crab and anchor made from shrink plastic.

Close up of crab and anchor.


Hope you enjoyed this half as much as I enjoyed making it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.