Translate

Wednesday, 4 February 2015

be happy

I'm a big admirer of Gabrielle Pollacco. She does some lovely mixed media canvasses and I have tried to emulate this in a card. I also recently obtained some Gelatos which I are very hard to find in the UK, and have used these to colour my background and chipboard pieces.



I made the background by covering a piece of card with 7 Gypsies Paris tissue paper and coloured with the Gelatos.
I cut all my die pieces out of chipboard and painted them with a metallic paint before adding hints of the Gelatos. The Marianne Design dies I used were LR 0116, LR0143, LR0156 and LR0157 plus I cut out some cogs and a memory box Lunette butterfly. I also cut out the letters be to add to my sentiment.
The image is set in a miniature picure frame. I added a bow made from seam binding and organza ribbon. The sentiment was attached with a memo pin. I cut some feathers from glove leather. To finish I added some gems, a piece of lace coloured with the Gelatos  and a printed butterfly.



I am entering this in the following challenges: -
Marianne Design Divas 'Letters or Numbers'
Scribble and Scrap 'Anything Goes'
Crafting from the Heart 'Anything Goes'

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love the colors palette!!!
    Thanks for sharing your work with us at Marianne Design Divas!!!
    DT MIhaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I thought it was a canvas-love all the embellishments and texture--Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing...Barbara thanks for joining again at Marianne Design Divas,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours :)
    Thank you for playing with Marianne`s Design Divas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card. I love the mixed media elements.
    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.