Translate

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

vintage get well

I have had another attempt at shabby chic with this get well card using a bought image mounted onto card.


I cut a border for the image out of card and tinted with vintage photo with a little perfect pearl to give it a bit of a shine. I cut the tag out of the same card stamped the sentiment with sepia ink and added some tinted twine.
All the flowers and leaves, the border and the doily, which I cut in half, were cut out of cream card and tinted with vintage photo distress ink.
I distressed and tinted the pink polka dot paper stamped the fany corners with sepia ink and matted onto the base card. I die cut the bottom edge of the floral paper, glued it to the cream card and added the pink lace.
The butterfly was made with double sided adhesive paper and gilding flakes. I finished with some pale pink organza ribbon, a gem in the center of the flower and a few sequins.

I am entering this in In The Pink Challenge Get Well/Thinking of You
and Marianne Design Divas Newest MD Products

MD products used LR0156, LR0157, LR0248 and CR1273

4 comments:

  1. Oooh this is such a beautiful card - I love the vintage image and the diecuts.... and those sequins look so perfect and give a lovely touch!

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... good luck and hope we see you here again soon!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. Not sure I've mastered this style yet but have fun trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a beautiful card !
    Greetings Jolanda Elderman MDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, this one is pretty too!! Thanks for joining again at MDD,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.