Translate

Saturday, 31 May 2014

Shabby Chic

The theme for In the Pink challenge is Shabby Chic/Vintage. Not my usual style but I had some Raspberry Road paper that came with a magazine. I distressed the edges slightly added some lace distressed with tea die distress ink and layered onto Kraft card.




I cut a doily out of patterned paper and distressed with vintage photo, printed the image and distressed with antique linen before adding.  
I cut a fancy corner out of Kraft card plus a small heart for the sentiment.
The leaves were punched out of mulberry paper and added with the pink roses.
I was fortunate to find in my sewing box the lace dragonfly, just what was needed with 3 small pearls added, plus a silver resin heart to finish in the bottom corner.


3 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the doily is it Spelbinders? I have never found a punch that makes leaves either, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jax. No it's Xcut Vintage Notes doily and I'm not sure where the punch is from, could have been Hobbycraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous shabby chic/vintage card.. love the image and your perfect design!

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink..... good luck and hope we see you enter again soon!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.